Monday 3 August 2015

Whilst I was visiting in Canada, we went to the Beach at Coburg, which was utterly gorgeous, but the weather decided to be inclement so it was far too cold for me to take a swim there.. This, didn't however put off more stalwart people who managed to ignore the cold breeze and take their pleasure in the sea anyway. My daughter and her husband and family emigrated to Canada almost 14 years ago. They started off in the Vancouver area which was lovely, and then the work took them to Toronto where they lived outside a short train ride away. Then, two years ago, they decided to move out further into the country and found a marvellous place just a few miles outside Coburg in Ontario The low bungalow sits in its own three acres of land, surrounded by more country land. The neighbours although spaced apart are very friendly and have welcomed my girl and her family and include them in their gatherings at the weekends and holiday days. She holds down a very senior job in Toronto, whilst her husband is a stay at home dad since they moved here. The children attend school a bus ride away and are doing well. Well that is, the girl who is 11 is doing well, the boy who has Aspergers, is not living any more at home, and is a source of constant worry as he discovered how drugs could ease his chronic anxiety.. that has been a nightmare for the last few years, and they thought that moving into a more rural area would let him find another way to be happy and relaxed.. unfortunately even in the rural areas you can get hold of the Weed.. so that plan backfired... Added to that, the way that the parent's hands are tied as far as discipline, and you get the picture... Despite all that, they love where they live and would never think to return to the UK despite not having any family close to them. We keep in contact with Facetime and the Telephone, so I am there for my girl should she want to relate her fears or her successes.. I spent two weeks with them in this summer and it was the most wonderful holiday I have had so far. I had a marvellous one with my son earlier in the year, but on this holiday, I just read and read and read, what a luxury that was... the weather was a bit iffy but managed to get a bit of a tan, but I was so relaxed and ready to find out what the lumpectomy I was scheduled to have a few days after my return, would show..

  I am sad that all my other posts are there online at Sawley Express Rosiedayze, but not able to post anything further myself... so if you are directed here, please feel welcome, and come back anytime soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment